Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
♘ Heli's Lives Matter ♘
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,296 Posts
[QUOTE=clearprop88;22146227]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
Nice, Im not familiar with that servo but it must have the slope on the bottom front of the case in order to be a drop in fit. Which pretty much eliminates a lot of the typical square cased servos without cutting the frame/ bearing blocks. Here is a vid of a guy that used Turnigy 90's which are the same as the Tower Pro MG 90's on the V450's Cyclic. Looks like he got the stock geometry right too.

This brings up a really intertesting question.
I checked on the Tower Pro MG90's, and the Turnigy 90's, they're both analog servo's.
If the guy in the video is flying his V450 with analog servo's, and the 2702RX, then the 2702 should work with analog servo's.
They dont sell the turnigys at HK anymore AFAIK, but yes that would imply that these particular TGY90S worked with the 2702V from reading the post on the utube vid. But I tend to not take everything I read on the internet as fact, especially the last 2 pages on this thread. LOL.

The TGY's dont specify analog or digital and at the time digitals were just starting to come up with the economy servos, so they are most likely analog. The 2702V's tail servo spec is 333hz (digital) Cyclic could be the same or slightly less, analogs are usually 70hz but.....the 2702v's outputs would have to be scoped out to know for sure.

Although some cheap digital servos are just analogs in drag, they will work at a high refresh rate but burn out eventually. Givien the time and the price @ 5.00 a pop it was probably worth a shot, the thing I didnt like with this mod (even though the servos were installed properly), was that frame had to be cut. Good eye in seeing that though, Walkera has always specified DIGITAL servo's only with the 2702V.
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711