View Single Post
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:25 AM
Find More Posts by G550Ted
Row 0, Seat A
Savannah, GA
Joined Jan 2008
2,748 Posts
Awfully quiet here.

I went ahead and ordered an ARF version and it was delivered yesterday. All I have done so far is to make a quick inspection for obvious damage (there is none, it is packaged well) and a close general inspection of all of the bits. I must say that it is an impressive design. Most of the assembly is done including the stickers and the quality of all work is great as I have not detected any issues. All of the hardware (wheels, prop, control horns, rods, clevises, wing joiners, etc) is top quality. Likewise, all of the electronics appear to be better than average. Extra screws and an extra control horn were included as was a screwdriver. There is even a generous sized tube of glue for the two small foam parts and the wing servo covers shown in the instructions that need to be glued.

There is a nicely illustrated assembly manual that properly covers the few necessary steps required, and an ESC programming manual, both written in good English. A full color 2012 FMS product catalog is also in the box.

I must say that this is the highest quality foamy model I have ever seen, and I'm looking forward to getting it in the air. Although there isn't a flight review on the BH site there is one of this model by Nitroplanes on YouTube. NP hasn't offered this one for sale as yet, so it appears that BH got an exclusive.

New Airfield Ask 23 Sample Flight Review (10 min 2 sec)

Ted
G550Ted is offline Find More Posts by G550Ted
Last edited by G550Ted; Jul 12, 2012 at 10:30 AM.