View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2012, 09:54 AM
Find More Posts by harddrive8
Nothin Ventured, Nothin Gained
United States, NC, Maiden
Joined Jul 2011
429 Posts
I picked up a USCutter SC Series cutter and got the chance to do my first cuts last night. I started out with a few stars in 1/2", 1/4" and 1/8" sizes. Set to the slowest speed, 100mm/sec, the cutter made crisp corners and clean cuts on all three stars. I then cut a 4" star design to see how it would track on a little larger design. Once again nice clean corners and lines.

I pulled up a few skull vectors that a friend gave me and proceeded to do another cut. Yet again it was very clean lines (this one ended up on the side of my cutter after weeding). A few designs later, I came to the conclusion that I'm very happy with my purchase and would recommend the SC series as a nice cutter. I have the 25" version with stand. The assembly instructions could have been better, but they weren't too difficult to understand. You can find any of the USCutter documentation at start.uscutter.com.

This is my first experience with using a vinyl cutter, and I had a few flustered moments trying to get it to work last night, but I got it figured out with a little trial and error (namely setting up the cutting software to match the cutter model). Once that was completed, it was easy to load the vinyl, open the image and start the cut. I have no doubts that the cutter will do as fine of detail in a cut as I can stand to weed or work with, and I'll push the limits of tracking on larger cuts as time goes on. For $350 to get it to my door, I think I'd be a little hard pressed to find another product that isn't limited to sub-15" cutting widths (even though I'll probably rarely go over that width for cuts).
harddrive8 is online now Find More Posts by harddrive8