View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2012, 02:44 PM
Chuchuf is online now
Find More Posts by Chuchuf
Carboweave, Ask For It By Name
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Aug 2009
1,557 Posts
Moving on to the tail section, the horizintal stabs and vertical stabs were glues in place and the areas where they glue to on the fuse were roughened up. Hysol was used on the plawood spars and a mixture of 30min epoxy on the fuse. They were tacked in place with CA as I adjusted them while mounting........work fast running around the work bench!!

I also glassed one of the wing bottoms using a method call ply peal (this is new to me so I only did one surface) as described here http://terry_holston.tripod.com/id4.html . I still used a cutoff stuff brush to apply the West slow cure resin to try and minimize the amount going down but yet get full coverage. Applying with a squeege would be faster but I feel you just get to much resin on the surface that way so I'll stick to my brush.
I weighed the panel before I started so tomorrow when I pull the polyester cloth off and sand we'll see what I added in weight.

Terry
Chuchuf is online now Find More Posts by Chuchuf
Last edited by Chuchuf; Jul 10, 2012 at 04:33 PM.
Reply With Quote