View Single Post
Old Jul 09, 2012, 04:55 PM
Find More Posts by GuiotsBaby
United States, MT, Belgrade
Joined Aug 2010
344 Posts
Table Top Restrictions

All,

I spent the better part of Saturday late afternoon/evening driving and tracking down the landowners at TT to try to sort out recent access complications.

I also researched Gallatin County GIS/Clerk and Recorder site to determine how much state and BLM land on which TT may lie. Turns out that the BLM land is to the east, and the state land is just to the west. So it appears all of the slopes we've flown are, indeed, on private land. My sister-in-law works at the Clerk and Recorder's office, so I'll be consulting with her as well.)
You can PM or call me for full details, but in short, here's the story:

The good news? After a half-hour discussion with the landowners, the bottom line is this: I was able to procur permission (with conditions).

The bad news? The permission in written form is for the three brothers and a guest or two--in carpool fashion. It would restrict the number of vehicles allowed to one (maybe two), thus ending any big gathering where folks can just arrive and leave in their own vehicles at anytime.

We'll continue trying to improve relations with the landowners. In the meantime, we'll also continue to look for other slopes as well.

As always, Better Than I Deserve,

TIO
GuiotsBaby is offline Find More Posts by GuiotsBaby
Last edited by GuiotsBaby; Jul 10, 2012 at 11:48 AM.