Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:02 PM
Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindGap View Post
Flying in 3d helis, such as dominion 3d 90, in 3d mode, whatever that means. I find it easier to fly in 3d mode. Just tell me that even though I can control it well in the sim, that it will not translate at all to the real world, and I'll smell the coffee. Bummer.
It mostly does translate to the real world, and I've always been a supporter of doing what you're doing. I frequently post my first helicopter flight video as evidence of what a simulator can do for you... I didn't crash, even flew around a little bit. If you can do what you say on the simulator, then you should be able to fly a proper helicopter... proper is the operative word though... you need to make sure the helicopter is operating perfectly, which is one thing the simulator doesn't simulate. No helicopter is ever set up and running perfectly like the simulated ones, but if you fly the simulated ones, you should be able to deal with the real ones.

In RealFlight, there is a difficulty setting - make sure that's on "realistic" or whatever they call it these days.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501