View Single Post
Old Jul 08, 2012, 12:28 PM
Find More Posts by kinetix
Joined Jun 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyrobot View Post
Hi kinetix,

Its nice looking frame. I plan to make my own design frame and want to buy hobbiest class, reliable, and easy to get sparepart CNC machine. Also it can cut carbon fiber. Can you suggest what brand and type and what software?

Thanks,

John
Hi John,

Thanx. I'm not sure i can help you though. Last winter i got unemployed for a few months and i got bored. Except for a nitro car 15 years ago i never did anything with RC before, but i am a video enthousiast. After seeing a few cool movies at vimeo i decided i want make my own airial footage. At first i wanted to buy a foam plane, but the plan shifted to a multicopter. I watched a lot of quad movies but i didn't like the one-arm-per-motor look. Then i found a movie by warthox and i liked this frame very much. So i took a good look and tried to recreate that frame. It worked out pretty well.
I used google sketchup to draw the parts. Printed them 1:1 scale to A4 sticker paper and pasted it onto a plate of carbon. Then i drilled all the holes and used a fretsaw and a jigsaw to create all the parts. I would have loved a CNC machine, but i had to do without. At close-up it isn't as nice as it could be, but i am pleased with the result.
I'm sorry i can't be of any more use. (-;
Good luck with your design.

Greetz
kinetix is offline Find More Posts by kinetix