Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:53 PM
Find More Posts by pvogel
Team JetiUSA
Santa Clara, CA
Joined Nov 2008
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott216 View Post
I'm trying to setup my plane with a the guardian. I'm putting it in my Apprentice so it can be used as a trainer for my kids. I'm using a spektrum DX7 radio and a 5 channel Rx. I have two aileron servos and I don't use a Y-harness; I was plugging both servos into my receiver, now both go into the guardian. I noticed that now with the guadian the ailerons don't travel the same amount, the right one travels much more then the left. Is this normal?

Also, I'd like to map my 3 position flap switch to the gear channel on my Rx, anyone know how to do that?
With the Guardian and the Apprentice, I would run the single AIL channel to the AIL lead on the guardian, leave AUX1 lead from the guardian disconnected and connect the MOD lead from the guardian to your GEAR channel on the RX. On the other side of the Guardian you NEED to use a Y-harness for your ailerons, you cannot use the aux channel on the guardian because your RX isn't supplying it. You'll also need to leave the GAIN lead disconnected on the input side since you don't have a channel for that (I would personally pick up an AR600 so I could use the aux channel on the RX to supply GAIN.

As for the DX7 switch programming, is this an original DX7 or one of the new ones? As I recall from the original DX7 switch assignment functions are quite limited.

Peter+
pvogel is offline Find More Posts by pvogel