Old Jul 07, 2012, 08:06 AM
Find More Posts by Chap1012
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
13,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dali555 View Post
I just tried leveling the swashplate... it's my first ever attempt. It's flying better... still can't get it to just hover hands free, or whatever they call it, lol. But now looking at the swashplate, I know that leveling it doesn't mean that it is level to the ground or anything, it is all sorts of twisted looking. Is this normal for a level swashplate? I checked the main screws and they are in the holes in the shaft from what I can tell.... Any thoughts? My Lama has had Extreme Skids and tailboom put on and a new canopy.

Thx for your time,
Marc
As I said, follow the Klodikes leveling tutorial. This tutorial is meant to get the swash "level by eye" using the pushrods for both the AIL and ELE. When this is done, now you start the process of "fine tuning." Just because the swash "looks" level it still might not fly right. The tutorial is only meant to get you in the ballpark. It's important to get it as "mechanically" level as possible.
IE: My swash has a bit of forward angling, hovers hands free with NO TX trim what-so-ever

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012