View Single Post
Old Jul 05, 2012, 10:09 PM
Find More Posts by Aaron 1
Joined Jun 2010
352 Posts
The A123 Systems story is to confusing for me to attempt to repeat. I use their li ions batteries in my planes and they are great for that but certainly not for full scale electric cars. Mine came from DeWalt drills.The tool manufacturers quit using them because they never wear out. The tool industry object is to make a drill last just long enough so you won't get mad - and then sell you a new drill. You don't buy them ,you rent them.

Fiskar had a bunch burn up their cars. The DOE is now mad at them and cut of their welfare check. Kiss and tell will get you in trouble. Fiskar was one of A123's biggest customers so was that a good decision? Strange. The Volt caught fire also. I think,but not sure, that was A1 Battery again.

A123 got anywhere from $200 million to 1 Billion $ depends on what article you read. A neighbor and friend bought stock. Uh, lost a bunch so far. They built a huge factory in Detroit. I have an opinion on that .

From what I have read the Fiskar uses 1800 cells all soldered nicely together. I have an opinion on that to.

Bankruptcy in the near future.

Where is this nutso Electric thingey going?
Aaron 1 is offline Find More Posts by Aaron 1