View Single Post
Old Jul 05, 2012, 07:15 AM
Find More Posts by Isoprop
Joined Nov 2010
2,865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
That's a common functionality for car dvr. People want to record continuously just in case something interesting happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill View Post
But the problem I see here is that ISO is saying it actually deletes (or at least starts overwriting the index/keyframes of the) original 32 gig recorded video rendering the last XX hours of video nuked? Rather than saving in blocks of 30min, 60mins etc.
Fugitive_Bill, you are right, maybe my explanation wasn't clear. I've edited my original posting to try and make it more clear.
Given a 32GB card, this is what the firmware does:
It records a 4GB, or 70 min. file (not quite sure which), then it starts overwriting the SAME FILE!! So, after many hours my 32GB will only have 1 tiny 4GB file. The remaining 28GB of empty space is still empty!!!! The firmware will never, ever start a new file. It just keeps on overwriting the same 70 min. file.

So, if I record 71 minutes (assuming the clips are 70 mins. long), I will have ONE MINUTE of video!!! - on a 32GB card!!!!!!!!!

This is certainly not common functionality for car dvr - at least I hope it isn't!
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Last edited by Isoprop; Jul 05, 2012 at 07:24 AM.