View Single Post
Old Jul 05, 2012, 04:48 AM
Find More Posts by Isoprop
Joined Nov 2010
2,864 Posts
#11V2_Time Off_LED On.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
It sounds like your camera was shipped with AVI output older firmware, and the new one is MOV format, so nothing odd about that... just different firmware, and better for most users since the AVI format is not editable. Also, the LED recording indicator is mentioned in the name of the FW on the download page. So I guess I can now also mention the MOV format.

Have you been able to get a full 4GB file, with the camera then stopping, saving, and continuing to record? That should also be noted if you can confirm this actually works.
Firmware: #11V2_Time Off_LED On.zip

What could have been exactly what most of us want has turned out to be totally useless!!!
The firmware outputs the video file in MOV format - GOOD
The firmware removes the timestamp - GOOD
The firmware blinks the LED while recording - GOOD
The firmware writes 4GB files (or maybe 70 min. files) - GOOD
BUT - if you let the camera continue (with a 32GB card, for example), it will DELETE the file it has just written and start overwriting it. The firmware will never start another file, so for my 32GB card 28GB will remain unused no matter how long the camera runs. This is the MOST INSANE FUNCTIONALITY I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!

So I guess I'll have to keep on waiting until the developer gives us a firmware that most people want .

What a disappointment
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Last edited by Isoprop; Jul 05, 2012 at 07:23 AM.