Old Jul 04, 2012, 08:37 PM
Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
8,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A VIKING View Post
The V450 is flying very well for me but I have a question.
In a hover, it will sit there motionless for a period of time and then have a quick very short term shudder about every 30 seconds and then be smooth as silk once again. In slow flight it's silky smooth. The shudder lasts about 1 to 2 seconds.
Any ideas what causes such a thing, it dosn't effect anything just an oddity to me in hover.

Thanks,
Viking

My assumption at first without any understanding of your equipment.

1. the feathering shaft dampeners. They are soft, especially in the heat.

2. If you have stock servos. They probably have developed slop in them and move around loosely like a car steering wheel with "play" in it. If this is it, it will get worse.

Otherwise it could be anything. It is probably the dampeners in the summer heat though. But turn down the gain a hair and it should fix the symptom. Not the problem. You can also try moving your blades or swash plate while the rx is powered to check for slop. Of course be careful and disco the motor or something. But see if the blades or swash have any play in them and find out from where. I know i don't have to go into any farther detail for you. I'm sure you'll figure it out before you get around to reading this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
I hovered it today, Boy do i have a wobble , i hope its that tail drive assembly, its so slight but wow what a wobble.
I'm not sure, but same thing goes for you biggie. Check for play if all your shafts are new. I didn't have a chance to watch that last video. Was it a crash? If so, see if you got some play in those new servos now. Probably not. But it's hard to tell what your wobble is from without seeing it.

QUESTION:
What bearings come in the v450 bearing set? I'm sure none are frame or shaft replacements right?
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk