View Single Post
Old Jul 04, 2012, 01:03 AM
Find More Posts by jsarwar469
Joined Mar 2012
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
An 11600kv motor is meant to be run on 1s, that's a pan car motor. You'll fry something if you run it on 3s, regardless of gearing and even on 2s I bet it'll end very badly. If you're going to run it on NIMH/NiCad packs, you'll need a 4 cell pack.

IMO, sell that motor and get something that's an appropriate kv for what you want.

Running 1s requires HIGH C 1s packs, as well as a 1s capable ESC and either a receiver pack to power the receiver/servos, or a voltage booster to increase the voltage from the pack to give enough voltage for the receiver/servo.
Crap I didnt know its a pan car motor....I see people on youtube running it on street cars so i thought it might be a regular motor.

I'm going to try it on a 6cell nimh but with voltage dropped to 6.0 or even lower...and as far as the gearing go i'll probably use like a 12 turn pinion with a 86 turn spur.

if it doesnt end well oh well.

but if I do decide to fall in line and not try this which motor do you suggest i get if I want my rustler to go around 75mph+?

I've got a ezrun 6000kv, a CC 4pole 4600kv. Both are 3s capable. running 3s CC gets warm at even 26/86. ezrun gets warm at 18/86.

I'm looking at a Tekin redline sc4x 5.5.....are those good for rustler and over powering and over gearing? lol

*EDIT*

So you honestly dont think there is a slight chance of everything functioning properly if I run it on 2s with extreme gear-down?
jsarwar469 is offline Find More Posts by jsarwar469