Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:55 PM
Find More Posts by Doubletap
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.b.4 View Post
Does anyone use Dual rates and expo to fly the BIX ???? If so, what do you recommend ?
I did double sided tape on mine, with CF tube on the bottom and strapping tape from over the nose to the tail. Epox on stab and elev.. VERY solid fuse.,, b.b.4

I setup all of my planes with dual rates on both Ailerons and Elevator, but it's really only so I can safely hand the controller to someone else. also, I use lots of negative expo on ailerons on both low and high rate, which works great to decrease sensitivity and increase precision near center stick, but still allows aggressive control response when wanted by simply banging the stick to the stops. Particularly on ailerons, I like all of my models regardless of type to roll axially as if they are chucked up in a drill motor!

Individual settings are just that, it depends on your personal mechanical setup and your personal abilities, so it's really difficult to suggest computer radio settings for rates and exp, what works for one person could be a fatal crash for someone else.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap