View Single Post
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:24 PM
Find More Posts by Rogue.insight
Joined Jun 2012
94 Posts
Discussion
My ideas for Skysurfer/Bixler FPV setup

I've been assimilating all the info I could regarding Bixler/Skysurfer builds. I came up with my own implementation that I'm hopeful for. I like the idea of a pod for the fpv gear. Without this it's a mess inside the cockpit. I built my own with a shelf system to hold everything. With this I can have the Rx, vTx, OSD, battery, and even an auto pilot conveniently located. It allows me to do all the wiring between these components with the pod out of the plane, which makes it a lot easier. The only thing that has to be connected to the plane is the ESC and the servos. This happens as the pod is slid into the cockpit. I glued the servo couplers into the pod to form a sort of bulkhead connector. I did this so that connectors wouldn't be dangling. I also implemented a different way of attaching the wings. I heard the rubber bands were troublesome. I know they dry out rather quickly, so I went with extension springs. Problem solved! I rerouted the aileron servo connectors so they didn't need to be fished through the fuselage when installing the wings. There you have it. A setup that can be transported easily, as the wings are removable, and all the gear is conveniently arranged.
Rogue.insight is offline Find More Posts by Rogue.insight