Thread: Discussion Great Planes Evader
View Single Post
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:18 PM
Find More Posts by super kupfer
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,673 Posts
Guys, I put some more flights today and finally experienced the nasty tip stall some of you had experienced.

Going vertical after a high speed pass to perform a split S I stalled the plane just after rolling it over, nose came down first and as I applied the elevator to come out of it she tip stalled but I had enough altitude to recover, at first I was going to myself "what da f"........I proceeded to try to duplicate the tip stall.

The first try I kept the air speed up as I always do and the split S was beautiful, even coming out I was hard on the elevator and she didn't tip stall.
The second try, I purposely stalled it again as I was rolling in to my split S and coming out she tip stalled again and I answered with recovering it (was ready for it this time).
I decided to purposely do it again and stall it on the split and again she tip stalled and I recovered again.

My conclusion is don't stall it, keep your speed up at all times and all should be fine, Hell......its a jet and it likes to fly fast (unfortunatlly its not as forgiving as some jets may be in a stall).

Cheers.
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer