View Single Post
Old Jul 03, 2012, 07:54 AM
Find More Posts by trumps
What's 3D?
Australia, WA, Ellenbrook
Joined Feb 2008
3,321 Posts
figured i would get the forward cowl roughed out, started by cutting and glueing a balsa block together and cutting to the correct length. once this was done i laminated the 4 CT nose sections together, and attached to the upper fuse, did the same for the CB lower fuselage nose pieces.
i sat my block of wood in position and marked out a rough profile including air intake, gun troughs, and humps over the gun barrels. i recently bought a 1/72 ICM plastic kit of the He 51 so as to aide me with this part of the build. i stuck the required plastic parts together and am using them as a reference. once i had a rough idea of the shape it was out with the razor saw, and my favourite tool, my Davis razor plane (love this thing) after some hacking and slashing i had the blank roughed out, and using some 7/16 brass tube with some emery tape stuck too it had a start on the gun troughs. the blank will be left at this stage until the motor is mounted, and a spinner can be fitted. the nose section and blank can not be shaped any further at this stage until the thrust angle and spinner position has been determined.

Craig
trumps is offline Find More Posts by trumps