View Single Post
Old Jul 03, 2012, 07:27 AM
Find More Posts by trumps
What's 3D?
Australia, WA, Ellenbrook
Joined Feb 2008
3,321 Posts
Got a little bit more done, I secured the brass tubes for the cabaine strutt mounts, wired, and epoxied them in place, did the same with the undercarrage mounts, only i used 30lb braide fishing line for these.
got started on the sheeting, covered the top section at the rear of the fuselage, and the infill for the rudder cable exits, did not sheet the rear of the fuse below the tailplane seat yet because i want to leave myself plenty of room for messing about with the elevator linkage. speaking of which, i was thinking of running some Sullivan gold'nrod for the elevator control, will just have to place a couple of pieces of balsa across a few formers so as to anchor the sleeve. also sheeted the forward sides, and section behind the battery bay, plus the forward underside of the fuse. all the sheeting is 1/16 balsa which was thoroughly wet down with water towelled dry and secured with medium CA after about 5 minutes. still need to get around to sheeting the cockpit area and cutting the opening (i hate this bit, trying to get the right shape and size). once the rest of the sheeting is done i will be able to attack the stringers with the sanding bar to get them all down to level, as some of them are a bit high at the moment.

Craig
trumps is offline Find More Posts by trumps