Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:16 PM
Find More Posts by PiperCub49
Playing with AutoCAD!
United States, ME
Joined Oct 2008
2,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxnut View Post
Hey Kody, I hear what ya is saying, it's tough for us indoor rubber flyers to play with this "heavy" foam stuff, yes ??

I can very much recommend this Slicko kit.

This island work bench is on 4 casters, and it is custom built by me. The front drawers are for tools with pictures of each drawer to show me where the tools go, and the back side holds our precious, very light, hand selected, contest balsa...about 750 sheets worth, with the rest on the back wall, 9 feet high. The wall storage rack is for anything heavier than 7.0 Lbs./ Cu. FT density....YOU know what I am talking about !!
The main work bench is actually 2 working surfaces...a main bench 8 feet long for the big kits ( Mustang on the wall ) and a removable, 5 foot "insert" that is sound board on one side and hard board on the other side. It lifts off and stores against the wall below the dubro hardware. The other bench to the right was made by my dad in the early 50's and he was a cabinet maker, so it's pretty precise, and the top is a cement board...very tough. The rack in the background is for holding model kits 40 size and smaller, with the larger kits on shelves in the 2 car garage. The rack has 92 kits in it right now. There are times when I have no idea what I have, or where I put it...I just go sit on the porch and think about it. My wife hopes and prays that she dies befor me so she don't have to deal with it, her mother says "start a bon-fire and keep it burning. UGGGHHHH.
If you keep taunting about all that balsa, be prepared to wake up and find it gone!

I'm very impressed by your workbench-building skills. It must be a bit of a challenge design and make one. Thanks for telling me more about your workshop. I've always been curious.

Still loving that rubber stripper (non-free flighters, it's not what you think),
Kody
PiperCub49 is offline Find More Posts by PiperCub49