View Single Post
Old Jul 02, 2012, 11:08 AM
Find More Posts by chucksolo69
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
5,064 Posts
I've had my FB Stratos now for about 3 months and have flown her a lot. The battery can be charged using most of the chargers that have balancing plugs built in. I have an AC adapter that ends in what looks like a 12V car adapter that I plug into the wall and use the car charger that came with my Stratos. This can be had at Wal-Mart for less than 20 bucks. The plane is tough So far I have replace only the two props as the old ones were getting a bit ragged. On the third flight, my Stratos nosed into the ground (stupid me, the plane got behind me) and all I had to do was put a small piece of tape on the wing tip. No problem at all and she still flies great. My flying buddies comment that they like the way the motors sound when she is in the air. I get a lot of "Wow, is that a twin prop?" type comments. My ony gripe is with the controller. I wish it would bind to my DX6i. If it did though, you would lose the Virtual Instructor feature. I am currently flying it in Hi rate mode and plan to eventually turn off the VI altogether. IMHO, the HZ Firebird Stratos is a fine and fun plane to fly.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69