Thread: Question best CA Glue?
View Single Post
Old Jul 02, 2012, 12:23 AM
Find More Posts by planeman
High Exalted Poohbah
Atlanta, GA USA
Joined Sep 2001
1,893 Posts
I've written this here before and here it is again. There is an EASY cure for hardened CA glue bottles and small applicator tips.

1. Moisture is the catalyst that sets off the CA hardening. Simply put your open CA bottles in an empty and clean jelly jar. Also put into that jelly jar some silica gel (the little packets that come in various food and other packages to keep things crisp) and then close the jar. The silica gel absorbs the moisture in the air inside the jar. I have CA bottles sitting on my workbench that have lasted for years by doing this! Also, you can by silica gel packets online. Just search "silica gel". Its dirt cheap.

2. For a great applicator tip to use on CA bottles with thin CA, get a couple of hypodermic syringe needles from you doctor. The needles pop off the syringe and the needle base fits the top of a CA bottle perfectly. Cut the sharp end off with a Dremel abrasive wheel though. The needle tip will clog after it sits for a while. No problem. Just hold the needle tip above the flame from a butane cigarette lighter for a second and the needle tip opens right up!

Planeman
planeman is offline Find More Posts by planeman