Thread: Build Log Slicko EPP 3D build thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:50 PM
Find More Posts by maxxnut
Hoarding balsa is a sickness
smokey point, wash.
Joined Dec 2003
1,285 Posts
Now for the upper body...which weighs 22.8 grams. I test fit the upper body and found it to come up just short, so I cut 3/32nds. of an inch off the front of each of the "tabs" and re-test fit. This allowed me to move the upper body back and forth to get the nose area perfect. When all is correct, it will stand on it's own.

I applied glue to the >sides< of the tabs, and the flat area at the bottom of the upper body, and a small bead to the wing and tail where the body will attach, pressed the parts together, removed, waited, then installed. Very important to get the nose correct again, quickly, as well as making sure the body is straight and fully pressed down. Walk away. Total weight is 119.7 grams.

Now the hobby room ( my wife calls it the "Balsa Vault" ) is starting to look like a "Slicko Day Care".
The Balsa Vault name was given after SHE found out that I am stashing over 1300 sheets of contest wood..... at least the kits are not in HER closet any longer. She has given me 2 great sons and 38 years of understanding.
maxxnut is offline Find More Posts by maxxnut