Originally Posted by indycoltsfan
Cool. Any compelling reason to choose the A9 over the DX8 (ignoring my cheap Orange receivers for the moment)?
Sure here is some items I love about the A9....
- HUGE back lit touch screen - it simply rocks - touch what you want to change - just can't be easier
- Intuitive programing - never looked at the manual (good as it is not so hot, just like Futaba and Spekky)
- Smart program items - for example I love that I can adjust both right and left rates or other settings at the same time by touching!
- Flexibility in channel assignment - and stick/switch can be any channel you want
- It has the best "feel" in my hands of any system I have used
- Sliders (but wish they had center detents)
- Love the favorites folder for commonly used menu functions
- Dedicated glider programing
- Solid feel
- Ultra smooth gimbals
- Solid switches
- Affordable receivers - full range telemetry 6 ch RX's are $38
- Excellent service and support (Like Spekky Andy we have Hitec Mike)
- Firmware updates to software, modules and RX's
I was very sad when the DX8 didn't have sliders and dedicated glider programming. A big miss in my book.