View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2012, 09:06 PM
Find More Posts by JerryTodd
SCALE Sailor
United States, MD, Severna Park
Joined Apr 2008
1,860 Posts
Only two sails left to bolt-rope; main tops'l and flying jib.

It was over 100 yesterday until a squall-line blew through near 11pm with gusts clocked over 80 miles-per-hour. A lot of folks lost, and still don't have power. They're estimating 3-8 days to get power restored for those folks - I was fortunate, a couple of limbs came off the poplar and fell between the house and CaptMSR's skiff in front of the shop - but didn't hit anything. Didn't loose power and TV reception actually got better (I don't have cable).

I have AC in the shop, but decided to bring the boat in the house and hang the finished sails on it. I even strung up the mast hoops.

I've got something of a deadline to meet now. I was invited Thursday to display Pride publicly:
Quote:
Gerald,
We'd like you to display your model of Pride at a publicity event here in Fell's Point on July 22. We are promoting the Fell's Point Visitor Center as the go-to place to learn the untold story of the shipwrights and the privateers.
July 22 is the anniversary of the first 7 letter of marque vessels to sail out of Fell's Point. We are just now working out the details, which might include participation of other RC boat builders, a cannon salute, and interpretation.
WE hope for news coverage if we can make it seem like a real event!
They also plan to have an exhibit for the local chapter of the American Model Yacht Association. Should be interesting, and if not, Fells Point is full of bars.
JerryTodd is offline Find More Posts by JerryTodd
Last edited by JerryTodd; Jul 01, 2012 at 08:56 AM.