Find More Posts by tominator06
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
Guys,

My little boy had his 2 year old birthday party and grandpa got him a little remote control car which got me thinking.... I bet they make bigger and faster remote control cars and I bet they even make trucks. So do any of yall have a recommendation for a truck or anything? I wanna keep it simple and hopefully use the 1800 or 2200 mah 3s that I have. is that possible?
For general fun I would suggest a short course type truck. these trucks emulate the pro2 and pro4 off road racing trucks. They are pretty durable and have bodies that cover the tires like the real deal. This helps when rubbing paint with friends. Traxxas is a good company and the parts are easily had via Lhs or Ebay. Most are setup for 2s. They might list 3s as an option but 2200mah just wont cut the mustard and 3s is really overpowered for these short course trucks. The slash or slash 4x4 by traxxas are both great choices. Both are waterproof as well. They aren't rated for under water running but you can bash all day in the puddles and not have a worry. You will see people on youtube running them in pools and such but I do not recommend doing it. The traxxas minis are also a decent choice and most of them are waterproof as well.
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06