Old Jun 29, 2012, 04:35 PM
Find More Posts by flieslikeabeagle
Got shenpa?
Los Angeles
Joined May 2004
10,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsPop View Post
you do realize you're in the "Simple Plastic Airplane Design" forum, right?
Actually, no, I didn't! I ended up here (in this thread) via a search for something to do with electric power systems.

My apologies if I caused you any offence by telling you something you already know. Coroplast is a pretty niche material for RC modelling and not many electric fliers use it or know about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsPop View Post
I was just trying to help out since no one else had chimed in.
I very much appreciate your helping other RC pilots, JohnsPop. I'm sure Jake does too. I felt the same way about Chuck (NoFlyZone), who started this thread and kept it going to help other modellers out.

For that matter, the fact that so many people were willing to help out a newbie was the reason I joined this forum back in 2004, when I was a total newbie to RC flight and could use all the help I could get. I'd never even heard of motor kv before then.

I too am trying to help - that's the reason I posted to this thread as well, just trying to help Jake out. Jake's model is an oddball in the world of electric RC planes because of its extremely high weight for its size, and it will take a correspondingly oddball power system to get it in the air properly!

-Flieslikeabeagle
flieslikeabeagle is offline Find More Posts by flieslikeabeagle