View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:44 PM
Find More Posts by Acorns
United States, IA, Mason City
Joined Oct 2008
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstclyz View Post
I'm building up a Zypher II and wondering what antennae and size vtx to mount on it? I'd like to use my current 1258 fpv gear which is comprised of a bluebeam and crosshair antennae and (2) 1258 vrx's. I was thinking of using a 800mW vtx? but not sure what size/power is best. Regarding the antennae, they say the bluebeam whip can go up to 80mph. Maybe that's the one to use? Not sure what other good options I have using a RHCP setup...

I do have my original whip, 8bdi patch and a Vee antennae if that was a better way to go? For the time being, I'll be using a DX8 tx and ar8000 rx so I can't travel too far yet. In the future, I'll do a UHF setup.

Thanks guys,

CD
I would not use the whip version, it bends way before 80mph - and even if it really was 80 the Zephyr easily goes above that in many cases. The non-whip version works fine. If you want to, add a low pass filter to add some height and still be stiff. I prefer the circular due to the better clarity when flying low, but the V would be more aerodynamic and might give less drop out when doing rolls right above your location. I've got a V on my Stryker and it works great.

800mw will work fine. I use 1500mw and ended up taking off the low pass because it wasn't needed. If you use 2.4Ghz control though it would be a requirement. Even then, that spectrum system is going to kill your Zephyr >< Even within visual range. For every "I succeeded doing 1 mile once!" story there is a follow-up of "I lost the plane cause I used spectrum to do FPV "
Acorns is offline Find More Posts by Acorns