View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:32 AM
Find More Posts by Midnight Express
Joined Jun 2012
7 Posts
Thanks for the info Charlie! I havent had any luck finding a whole lot of information or other builders other than your link provided and the SEAT I referred to on youtube. Do you know where else I can find some of that info? Do you know of anyone that has tried to use dyed water? I was hoping be able to carry the extra 8 pounds to do a whole gallon, though I dont know how realistic that hope is. Wing loading will be the issue, I dont think that powering that much weight with 4 engines should be an issue.

I'm thinking Im going to do some split flaps with an external hinge under the wing. I know thats not very scale but for a first attempt I figured I would go easy and use control horns and the works. For retracts I hoping to use some servoless electric retracts for models up to 15lbs. I dont have the link to those saved on this computer and the name escapes me. Those combined with some oleo struts that I found.

Would have love to seen that Paul! We to had some here last year helping us with our wildfires in West Texas. Since Aero Union went out of buisness last year and the only P3s in service are with Cal Fire I figured it was another good reason to do a P3.

Today I am cutting out the center wing ribs. Hope to have the main spars cut out tomorrow and have the main assembled. I'll post some pictures of the wing when some progress is done and link to the oleo struts and retracts so you guys can weigh in.
Midnight Express is offline Find More Posts by Midnight Express