View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2012, 05:47 PM
Find More Posts by Midnight Express
Joined Jun 2012
7 Posts
Build Log
P-3 Orion 1/19.3 scale build air tanker

I always thought it would be cool to have an RC air tanker. Honestly I just want to fly one! Though I could never find any plans for anything. So after doing some research I decided to attempt a scratch build of a P3 Orion. Wing span should be 68 1/2 inches and fuselage will be 74". My hopes are to make a tank out of 2 part plastic that will have drop doors activated by servos. My best estimation on size the tank would be able to hold up to 1.3 gallons of water, though that's probably in the neighborhood of 10 lbs worth of water and will probably need to be scaled down. I have no idea how to estimate the final weight of the aircraft so I dont know where Im even going to come in at.

This is my first attempt at a scratch build. I've built a couple balsa airplanes several years ago, but never attempted an RC airplane. Though I always have my hand in some sort of craft or build like costume armor to cabinets. I am very open to any and all opinions, thats actually why I decided to join this forum, lots of helpful people! So don't be afraid to speak up. Ok so enough of that. Here is what I have so far.
Midnight Express is offline Find More Posts by Midnight Express