Old Jun 27, 2012, 03:45 PM
Find More Posts by GuiotsBaby
United States, MT, Belgrade
Joined Aug 2010
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise MT View Post
To my fellow RC Slope addicts,
I intended to salvage the radio gear, break the rest of it over my knee...

my brother TIO...took the pieces of epoxy home with him...returned it to me looking nicer and in better shape than when I first assembled it as an ARF. WOW!!!

Thank you TIO! Now I can fly as crazy as I want with my other gliders knowing that I have you "waiting in the wings" - no pun intended.
Blessings!
Arlen

All,

Still can't help chuckling when I think of "breaking the rest of it over my knee." PMT will have to share that story with you when we're at TT some time in the future.

"pieces of epoxy"--Well, it certainly had its share of epoxy, but much of the excess has been removed. Rearranging of radio gear and removing some weight from the empennage made the Coyote about two ounces lighter.

I think the new carbon fiber spar reinforcement will be the only item needed to "wait in the wings." Glad I could help.

Oh, posts #1086 and #1112 on this forum show the Coyote in its previous rendition.

I'm currently reworking the wing wiring on my Ridge Runner. The D-sub connector continuity was intermittent at Williston (and may have been responsible for the near crash that 69M witnessed a few weeks back at TT). Assembly will be a few seconds longer, but connectivity will be solid.

Then it will be a minor repair to the Gentle Lady. Somehow, I tend to try flying it on the wrong TX model, and Williston didn't help me at all. Then today, I knocked my striping tool off the pegboard onto the wing center section. If it isn't pilot incompetence, it's clumsy hangar rash!

Well, gotta run. Mom's friend Margo just sat down next to me at the library, so I'll need to chat with her for a moment.

Always better than I deserve,

TIO
GuiotsBaby is offline Find More Posts by GuiotsBaby
Last edited by GuiotsBaby; Jun 28, 2012 at 09:02 AM.