View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2012, 03:32 PM
Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
United Kingdom, Horbury
Joined Oct 2007
6,489 Posts
Been down with both this evening and winds were very calm so a good test to compare.
The st one is without doubt a much better flyer, it flies better because it is MUCH lighter for only 30cm less wingspan, not sure what the weight of fms one is but st is 550grams or less depends on battery all up.
My mate is quite dissapointed with his fms one and is thinking of selling it already after 6 flights total, it needs to fly fast and though has plenty of power to climb fast it just comes down too quick due to its weight.
It could be that it needs more trimming out and cog changing some more but for my money I would go for the st models asw28, I have had mine for about 3 years and still really like it, it's cheaper it only uses 2 cell 1000mah lipos and flights are 20mins upwards( i've had 1hour and 10 mins once in good thermaling) and it does thermal very well, its also aerobatic does good loops, rolls are posible but are very slow so you need lots of height/speed and good use of controls to perform a nice one.
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield