View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2012, 05:00 PM
Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
7,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getto Bird View Post
humm, Getto Bird checkin in with an S107R5 also....Soooo these "picoo-z blades" I take it is the replacement blade of choice maybe???
Yes, and No. The answer depends on what you're looking for in your S107. The PicooZ blades pushes a lot of air in one direction, and virtually none in the other direction. The blades pitches in the opposite direction as the S107. Therefore, people would rotate the tail boom 180. When it is mounted like that, it pushes a lot of air down, therefore, giving the S107 a speed boost. However, it also means that you're now getting zero reverse flight.

Personally, I don't use them for 2 reasons. (1) I don't want to destroy that S107 look. Having a tail rotor point down is just not pleasing to me. (2) More importantly, I like to fly my S107 with precision. That means full control on FFF and REV flights. Having forward only seems taking away half a channel from the 3 channel helicopter and leaving it with 2.5 channels.

But if speed is your thing, you might enjoy it. Just understand the trade-offs before you sign up for it. But if you don't like it, you could always rotate the boom back and put the original stock rotors on. You could try before you decide. Just a few bucks of investment.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad