Old Jun 26, 2012, 01:12 AM
Find More Posts by Ribble
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
2,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspcrepair View Post
By the way, I read that post on how you would clean the tail motor... I think I would go with the second, less aggressive method too... ROFL!

I do kill the throttle before actually crashing (as I have done with the smaller ones also) although I do try my best to Slow its momentum as much as I can and I try to get the nose up before it gets to the impact point, then I kill it.
Once a motor is a basket case, anything goes to try to get it running properly again, including running it under water. I think that was option one, but I don't remember what the less aggressive method was.

Yes, when a helicopter is falling out of the sky by killing the throttle, my thumb beats my brain with throttle up just before the helicopter hits the ground.

Except this one DH9104 night flight in a snowstorm when it hit a tree at least 50 feet up, couldn't see the DH9104, just heard a loud whack, killed the throttle. Thought the blades exploded from the freezing cold. Had I known it hit a tree I could have restarted on the way down, give some rudder to see the floodlight again, and flown it back instead of crashing. Damn. it was really cold that night.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble