Old Jun 24, 2012, 07:42 AM
Find More Posts by D Hughes
Wasserkuppe wannabe
Central coast NSW Australia
Joined Aug 2006
108 Posts
new idea for tensioning braces.

Hello all

I have an idea that may just be original. If not could you please tell me your experience with this concept.

The design uses a standard drum servo and two pulleys on either side foward of it. The lines go out of the servo drum either side to the two pulleys then back past the drum and out to the yards.

The pulleys are attached to a swivelling wooden or metalbar that can pivot back and fourth probably 30-40 degrees . This pivoting bar is attached to another drum servo that is free wheeling , via a line that wraps around and attaches to the ends of the bar. The freewheeling drum is then attached to the servo drum and derives it's power and pull from it. Diameter would obviously need to be worked out with this.

When the servo is pulling in one brace it drives the other drum in such a way that it swivels the opposite side of the bar away thus increasing the distance of the slack side to the servo drum and vice versa. Does this make sense?

As mentioned I don't know if this is a new idea. I'm trying to find what could possibly be wrong with it (maybe it might just work, I don't know?)

would greatly appreciate feedback

David H
D Hughes is offline Find More Posts by D Hughes