View Single Post
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:41 AM
Find More Posts by Sport Flyer
Hi ya! Car ride!?
Portage La Prairie, Manitoba Canada
Joined Sep 2003
740 Posts
Well first things first, I decided when I did this I was going to do it with a 'real' plane, not a foamy (sorry foam guys, but I've owned a few and so far remain largely unimpressed). I chose Bob Umberger's light system because it looked pretty Cadillac, and I chose my Seniorita because I could still fly it if I were in a coma, so I didn't have any issues of confidence. We had a couple guys in our club try it a few years back without much success, so my flight last night was announced at our previous meeting and a few guys came out to watch, with one of the other guys doing a take off and landing with it as well, so I'd say the attempt was successful enough that the other guys are now going to be wiring up planes. The one thing I think I will do though is wire a pair of bright whites to shine a little light on the ground for landings.

I'm still thinking a purpose built stick profile with transparent covering lit up like some I've seen in this thread would be a real hoot, but we'll get there.
Sport Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Sport Flyer