View Single Post
Old Jun 22, 2012, 08:28 AM
Find More Posts by Techmeister
United States, NY, New York
Joined May 2012
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyn View Post
Hi Techmeister, thanks for the info & the link, very helpful!

Yeah everything is still pretty messy at the minute as its all just laid on top, nothings fixed in yet. It's just a rough positioning, I'll hopefully be able tidy stuff up as I go along.

I'm trying to separate components but getting a good layout is proving a bit tricky, I was wondering if people prefer to put their RX's on the wings or if they have their RX central with just the satellite out on the wing?

I'm also thinking that if I mount the RX out on the wing I'll have to embed loads of servo extensions into it - but it seems that this goes against keeping wires short etc. What's everyones view on this?

Plus my GPS cable will only reach so far & any further inboard brings it closer to the VTX.
For the RX, i definitely see your dilemma, i don't have that problem because i am using PPM out, so just one cable. I would, however, try your best to place your VTx and Rx and opposite wings, and your GPS as far as it can go on the side with the Rx. For all the servo cables, you might find that all you will need is two servo extensions, one for ESC and one for the servo on the other side of of your Rx. EDIT: I just remembered you are using a flight stabilizer. . . . .i would till keep your Rx on a wing, maybe about halfway. Brosius, is a great person to get advice from and his advice to stay roughly with what TBS does is a good idea.

I have my Vtx on the right wingtip with custom wires to my components, my DL on my left wingtip with one PPM cable (store bought), my GPS sits as far as the cable will allow on the left. My ESC and DOSD are both in the electronics bay.
Techmeister is offline Find More Posts by Techmeister