Thread: Discussion Landing Gears (Help needed)
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:33 PM
Find More Posts by RexSe7en
Go Ducks
United States, OR, Milwaukie
Joined Feb 2012
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raRaRa View Post

The Carbon Fiber Landing Gear, I really doubt it has holes drilled in them, which means I have to drill them myself. How would you guys make the holes?

Thanks in advance!
The landing gear you listed is not pre drilled, but it's very easy to do. Just measure and mark where the holes need to go. Clamp down the landing gear to your work bench and use a small drill bit to make your pilot holes. Then drill out to match the axle size making sure not to drill out any more material than absolutely necessary. Make sure you don't breathe any of the dust from the carbon fiber, it is evil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raRaRa View Post

I have absolutely no idea how the wheels would be attacked to the landing gear. Is there any specific axle I can buy from HobbyKing that would fit on these wheels?

Thanks in advance!
Here is an example of what you could use. LINK

The axles that I linked have a 4mm diameter, so if you went with those specifically, you would just need to drill out the plastic axle on the wheel a bit to fit the axle shaft. Use a nut to attach the axle shaft to the landing gear and a 4mm set collar to hold the wheel in place.
RexSe7en is offline Find More Posts by RexSe7en