: Build Log
MK Skymaster 20 build
View Single Post
Jun 18, 2012
, 08:51 AM
That's so classic you.
United States, NC, Stokesdale
Joined Jul 2006
More fuselage work.
Made quite a bit of progress on the fuse this weekend.
With the exception of mounting the deck (because I haven't got it back from Don yet) and mounting the tail feathers, the fuse is more or less complete.
The OS .25VF DF fits perfectly between the engine mount rails.
The plans show a MK 150cc "oval" tank which was not included in my kit. I noticed Singpore Hobbies lists that particular tank, but when I went to order it, it's not availible to order. I just happen to have a Tettra 150cc "crank tank" in my box of fuel tanks, so I'm using it. I had to make some minor modifications to the F3 bulkhead. For some reason I had a number of different mfg's 6 oz tanks. None of which would fit with the exception of the Hayes 6oz "slim" and the Tettra.
I'm going to wait to do any more sanding and shaping of the fuse until I get my deck back.
The Eflite 15-25 size retracts are a perfect fit. The only down side is the length of the "servo" lead. I'm going to open them up and solder on longer leads.
The spinner in the photos is a 2" which is slightly oversized. A 45mm spinner is listed on the plans so I'll need to order one of those.
Not shown in the photos are the throttle and nose wheel steering pushrods. I'm going to mount the servos (Hitec HS-82MG's), before I set the fuse aside and work on the wing.
View all Images in thread
Finishing up boxing in the rear of the fuse.
More work on the turtle deck.
Fitting the EFlite retracts
Routing the lead out from the wheel well into the tank area and back to the rx. Need to make the leads longer.
Down and locked.
The Tettra 150 cc crank tank.
Slight modifications to the former.
A good fit.
Top view of the tank installation. Top front nose blocks glued in place.
Chin cowl installed.
Nose blocks and chin cowl ready for the razor plane and sanding block.
OS .25 VF DF mounted.
Top side. I tried to show the proximity of the fuel lines to the header but this shot is out of focus.
Full length header and pipe fit just fine. I don't have the right coupler yet.
Chin cowl trimmed to clear the head.
Bottom view. No, that's not the spinner I'm going to use.
Cut outs for the high and low speed needles were made and the front end was roughed in.
Mocked up the stab. There were some minor tweeks to S1 requried for a good fit.
Horizontal and vertical are assembled.