View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2012, 08:51 AM
Find More Posts by Generic Member
That's so classic you.
United States, NC, Stokesdale
Joined Jul 2006
426 Posts
More fuselage work.

Made quite a bit of progress on the fuse this weekend.
With the exception of mounting the deck (because I haven't got it back from Don yet) and mounting the tail feathers, the fuse is more or less complete.

The OS .25VF DF fits perfectly between the engine mount rails.

The plans show a MK 150cc "oval" tank which was not included in my kit. I noticed Singpore Hobbies lists that particular tank, but when I went to order it, it's not availible to order. I just happen to have a Tettra 150cc "crank tank" in my box of fuel tanks, so I'm using it. I had to make some minor modifications to the F3 bulkhead. For some reason I had a number of different mfg's 6 oz tanks. None of which would fit with the exception of the Hayes 6oz "slim" and the Tettra.

I'm going to wait to do any more sanding and shaping of the fuse until I get my deck back.

The Eflite 15-25 size retracts are a perfect fit. The only down side is the length of the "servo" lead. I'm going to open them up and solder on longer leads.

The spinner in the photos is a 2" which is slightly oversized. A 45mm spinner is listed on the plans so I'll need to order one of those.

Not shown in the photos are the throttle and nose wheel steering pushrods. I'm going to mount the servos (Hitec HS-82MG's), before I set the fuse aside and work on the wing.
Generic Member is offline Find More Posts by Generic Member