Old Jun 13, 2012, 09:12 PM
Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Crashomatic
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,160 Posts
Discussion
fmkit's ULink (review/discussion/etc)

I've received fmkit's rx/tx LRS solution a little while ago and I wanted to share my experience. (got it from http://fmtv.us/ )

Please note that this is a home made version and you'll be able to tell that. However, solder points, etc, were all well made and it looks reliable.

I had some issue at the beginning with my submicro analog servos, even thus the board supports analog and digital servos, the first channel would jitter a lot for some reason.

I have bought new digital submicro servos for testing due to this, and those work perfectly fine.

Here's a quick demo video:
Sorry, no sound, mic is broken. You can see the 2 control servos and the pan and the tilt servos. You can see the WMP gyro/accelerometers in action.

The movement is (very) quick, smooth and relatively precise. Pan&tilt is done via presets (hit a button), but can also be done via joystick (obviously if you move the camera via the joystick your plane better go straight..)

fmkit ulink (1 min 42 sec)

I'm going to install the new servos in one of my wing and go for a range test, then a flight, and report.
CrashMeUp is offline Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Last edited by CrashMeUp; Jun 14, 2012 at 02:50 AM.