Find More Posts by StarHopper44
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
7,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaoleboyRC View Post
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of getting my P2K together and have installed the 3530 mentioned in the thread in the nose. I intend putting the spoons on as well facing forward, but thought I might add 2 more facing rearward, like the vents you see on boats with inboard engines. On my boat they were just behind the forward facing vents or scoops. I believe the thought was there is a void behind the forward facing scoop and it would help to remove unwanted vapors from the bilge. Are these heating problems arising from limited motor runs or continuous motor runs? I plan on running the motor for 30 secs, and then shutting off automatically and soaring/thermaling for 10 or more minutes if the thermals oblige. I am installing a CAM limiter which shuts off at 30secs or 200 ft whichever comes first.

HaoleboyRC
Sounds like you're getting into some ALES stuff (is that the right acronym??) Competition or just for fun? I described it at our first club meeting after I first learned about it - thought it'd be really fun 'to do' event kinda thing, plus help get more club interest in glider craft....but alas, this bunch o' dullerts just wanta see who can go 300mph first.

Your CAM limiter....home-built or commercial? If the former, have you found any way of building one for less than $40+ by any chance, or have they gotten the commercial price down yet? Haven't looked into it recently so, haven't 'kept up'.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member