View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:16 PM
malcr001 is offline
Find More Posts by malcr001
Registered User
malcr001's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Gt Lon
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
Originally Posted by grabiller View Post

I represent a french production team working on a documentary project. Shooting will occur in UK/England.

For this documentary we will need aerial shots from multi rotor helis/drones/uav/blimps.

We are looking for informations about legal rules/laws for those rc devices in UK/England (including radio/frequencies/power rules), the limits of their uses, what's authorized, what's not, etc.. . Informations wich will help us plan ahead what will be possible or not.

Thanks a lot in advance for any informations.

ps: You can also contact me directly through PM or Skype.

guy rabiller | radfac founder / ceo
A BNUC-S certificate is required to fly here for commerical purposes. Its important that you use the model in the exam you intend to fly here because your only allowed to fly the models that have been approved by the CAA. You are also required to obtain insurance.

In the UK FPV frequencies that we can actually use legally is pretty limited 2.4ghz 10mw and 5.8ghz 25mw. I dont know how this would work for businesses as ordinarilly if you wanted more output power from your vtx you would have to get a HAM license but businesses cant use this. A lot of UK FPV'ers use 1280mhz which operates on the HAM frequency is technically not legal because its 'not for airbourne use'. This is a no go for businesses so stick to 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz.

For a long range rc link UK FPVers can use 459mhz (UHF) but NOT 433mhz.

To sum it up as a business your quite restricted because you have to follow everything by the book.
malcr001 is offline Find More Posts by malcr001
Reply With Quote