Thread: Discussion Two 144" long T-38's
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2012, 09:29 AM
Find More Posts by corsair nut
fly like an EAGLE ;)
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
25,293 Posts
its funny because andy kept saying he was super worried about the wing loading....i kept telling him it will be a kite....i think its even more of a kite than i originally thought haha. it sounds to fly alot like my 1/8 F-5....landed so slow i couldnt even use the flaps, and i bet this model is the same way. full flap will probably result in backwards landings in 10mph wind haha. its amazing how much the wind loading assumptions change the larger you get.
only 1060kv? thats the longer motor, and with the metal motor tubes you should be albe to run 12s no problem. maybe not in 110 deg summer heat, but should work great otherwise. youll have the canopies before the rest of your mods are done, so the next time you fly it, she'll be full house ready to rock.

stu has me thinking i might need to make ducts for mine....a little update on my t-38, i glassed half of the forward fuse, and didnt turn out how i wanted. the glass i was using sucked, so i pulled it off. i need to get some better glass for the fuse. i did some carving on my win/stabs and ill be ready to cut out control surfaces on the wings tonight, then its prep for carbon fiber cloth on those.
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut