View Single Post
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:52 PM
Find More Posts by HoosierGuy
United States, IN
Joined Jan 2012
799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
That's affirmative on the Lanyu, HG. Same here re rips....my first was a very light cartwheel when I caught a wingtip landing but final damage reached down to the plywood 'plate' where the receptacle blind-nuts live. Then, first flight after repair mine took a sudden nose dive trying to fly in very stiff wind (like an idiot) just as I was about to get 'er down....both wings broke off at the root.

BTW guys....the Lanyu deal (replacement wings) I think has completely fallen thru. My 'inside contact' (a name most of you know I'm pretty sure) is apparently now 'on the outs' with them -- he opened a competing line (long story), so that avenue I'm afraid is now completely closed. I'm gonna write Lanyu & see if I can just buy direct, but when all's done I've got a feeling I can buy a whole plane in the USA whse cheaper than wings + freight (+risk) from China.

Is Lanyu planning on offering replacement parts for their gliders anytime soon?
I did see some replacement parts for their FPV Raptor but the online store was in
Denmark I think and shipping for a simple tail rudder was around $40 or more. That's the only online store I've seen that sales parts for the Lanyu gliders.
HoosierGuy is offline Find More Posts by HoosierGuy