View Single Post
Old Jun 12, 2012, 06:35 AM
Find More Posts by Raf_Bob
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Sep 2006
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by *jj View Post
Well, I doubt that the miniscule extra weight will do much for a model like the Ajax! And, personally, I find that this is simply the easiest way to make models, including Senators; you can produce them nice and straight and square without jigs and so on.
True, and as these responses show, there are many ways to kill cats. No doubt we all have our preferred approaches. There is rarely a "correct" way to do anything or an "incorrect" way, just slightly different. I certainly don't intend anything I post here to be seen as critical of others, most of whom are far more experienced than I am. Just sharing ideas adds to the point of being here in the first place doesn't it? Let's see how others tackle things and occasionally we'll pick up on something that enhances our own builds. This has been the case for me as I have found inspiration and motivation that otherwise I'd have missed. Why am I building a Senator that I'll probably rarely get a chance to fly given the rotten windy, wet weather we get here? A "cookup" on the Small Flying Arts" forum, that's what prompted my Britkit entry. My model is not for free flight but for radio and will not have an undercarriage except for "posing" purposes. So it's not going to be a truly traditional model, but I have never enjoyed a build so much! It was seeing what others were doing that inspired me so I hope my posts will at least be interesting to you who look here. At least, they may give you all a laugh.
Raf_Bob is offline Find More Posts by Raf_Bob