View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2012, 12:14 PM
Find More Posts by templton89
United States, NY, Kings County
Joined Nov 2011
418 Posts
Also I maidened that 30" paperless wing I was building.
I did not expect it to fly or survive any crashes. Well I was very pleasantly disappointed.

It barely has room to fit 2200mah battery and I can only slide it back and about an inch, but somehow it balanced perfectly. To be honest I dont even know CoG location on this wing, I kind of just put it together and tossed it up in the air without any hope.

It flies great. I have a small 1400kv motor on it with 7x6 prop and it's pretty fast. Glides amazingly well. Launch and landings are very easy. If I knew that it would fly so well , I'd put a little bit more time in it. Should have buried servos and wires inside.
AUW is just under 500g.
I'll definitely shoot a video of it next weekend.
It's so easy to make that I might even make a video. I'll build one for my friend to crash around.

And to celebrate new box of foam I decided to build a "noob-toob" because I never had an "actual plane" (as my friends call it) with wings, tail, rudder and so on. I started this hobby with a HZ Champ, but that barely counts.
I made a mistake and accidentally glued the tail at an angle towards the main tube, and now whenever I throttle up , nose goes up, straight into the sky. I even taped another battery on the nose, still tries to flip over. But that's an easy fix, plus it was fun to build. I think it deserves landing gear
templton89 is offline Find More Posts by templton89