View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2012, 06:19 AM
Find More Posts by Arey
Philippines, NCR, Taguig
Joined Aug 2011
107 Posts
ZYX Test Flight

Finally had time last week with the ZYX Flybarless . My first and on a 450PRO. Setup and programming was easy. Only piro optimization was confusing. Thanks a lot to David and John for the contributions and to all for the helpful tips and suggestions on this thread.

I noticed some are having a hard time setting up the ZYX and some on connections. So these were the most important things I've found when setting up the ZYX I thought might be helpful for a newbie.

1. Make a new model so everything is fresh or at default values.
2. Make sure swash type is correct.
3. And then just follow carefully each and every procedure one by one and step-by-step on the setup window. Most importantly.. check the piro optimization.

On usb connections.. we can be sure that we are using the correct port if there's a blue light blinking on the usb when clicking the connect button. Also.. to know the correct port.. at first install of the software or before installing the usb, just note what port was already there and what's added after installing the usb is the right port. And make sure to install the driver first before inserting the usb.

Here is my initial test flight. Nothing fancy. Just trying to get the feel of flybarless. I'd say I'm happy with my ZYX. Stability is as good as flybarred. Tail holds really well. Only piro stop is difficult to tune.

Regards,
-Arey-
Arey is offline Find More Posts by Arey