View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2012, 05:39 AM
Find More Posts by Aero65
Honolulu
Joined Jul 2003
110 Posts
F-4D Skyray direct mode 3d test

Hi Everyone

Got to do more testing on Sunday. With the F-4D sorry Flame747 the person who usually videos for me was not flying today. My other pilots that were flying with me tried to take video and had a very hard time so I don't have any usable video.

1. Test 3D direct mode: First I had to find out my microsecond limits for my controls. I did this using a pulse reader connected to my Aile, Ele, and Rud.

Why I did this: When I was playing around with direct rate in 3D I noticed that the Guardian would push the Elevons to larger than normal throws using full stick deflections. I used the servo limit feature to set the endpoints that the Guardian could move the control surfaces to it worked very well.

2. I set the 3D direct mode to .25 Hz I left the Roll and Yaw at 1 Hz. The help file explained that at full stick deflection the Guardian would for example try to roll the plane 360 degrees in 1 second. On the ground this seemed to give me about the throws I wanted.

3. Flying. The plane performed normally on takeoff. When I tried to do some turns, and rolls what a difference, Now I had full aileron authority again, and it did not feel like you were fighting a Gyro any more. The plane was rock solid.

4. In conclusion, the Guardian performed as advertised in Direct Rate 3D. Rock solid flight, and the ability to really carve up the sky while feeling like you were in total control without any slow response, or muted responses. It felt like I was flying the plane without stabilization, but with the rock solid stability, and all the maneuverability that I wanted on tap.
Aero65 is offline Find More Posts by Aero65
Last edited by Aero65; Jun 11, 2012 at 05:50 AM.