: Build Log
Scratchbuild 80" WS Depron Vulcan B2
View Single Post
Jun 10, 2012
, 03:31 PM
UK, South Yorkshire
Joined Feb 2011
Saturday 9th June
Had about 3 hours working on the build today. I spent a fair bit of time working out how best to lock the nose fuselage parts together. Wherever possible, rather than butt joining the formers onto the keel sections of the fuselage, I wanted to ‘slot and notch’ to offer more rigidity and strength.
Once I had worked out where I needed to notch the formers, dry-fitted the whole lot together to check alignment and I have to say, surprised myself at the strength of the structure before glueing.
Being that this whole section of the fuselage is ‘locked together like a chinese puzzle, had to use foam safe CA glue along all the joints.
I took a couple of pictures to show the formers and keel sections notched out ready for assembly for reference.
Not a lot more to add today. It’s been fiddly but the end results are pleasing and solid.
Day off the build tomorrow so it will probably be Monday or Tuesday before I update the log again.
View all Images in thread
The nose section components 'notched' and ready for dry-fitting. The box section (top) is the battery tray.
All parts dry-fitted
Progress to date. All formers and notched sections glued in place.