Thread: Discussion Skyartec wasp
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:33 AM
Find More Posts by gtfreight
Joined Jun 2012
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
The Wasp V3 is very fragile and parts are expensive. I have a V3 with many upgrades and I would have been much better off avoiding it. But, if you are really intent on buying one, I'll sell you mine for $25 for parts. The metal head and tail cost almost $100 and have never been flown. A 250 size CP heli is quite difficult to fly, too.

A DH 9116 is about as tame as a single rotor heli gets. You may find it's much too easy. It will not teach you much. It also has reliability issues. They are quite popular in Australia, due to the cost versus other brands. If you live in the USA, a Blade 120SR is probably a better model to start with.
Thanks for the advise, I am in the UK so the postage would probably make it not realistic to buy yours.
I am not intent on buying the Wasp, it was the first model that caught my eye. Is there anything that you would suggest is suitable for me considering it's over 10 years since I've had a tx in my hands. I would be looking for something that can be tame but can also let me develop.
Are parts readily available for these heli's and is the cost reflective of the purchase price of the complete unit or are some more economical to repair than others?

Gary.
gtfreight is offline Find More Posts by gtfreight